Freixenet has been making cava for over a hundred years, becoming one of the largest producers worldwide, and the number one in Spain, currently exporting to over 150 countries. The Freixenet Winery is located in the heart of the Penedès region in Sant Sadurní d’Anoia, about 40 kilometers from Barcelona, within easy reach by motorway and train. The doors of the Freixenet Winery have been open to the public for many years, so that everyone can enter into the magical world of those tiny bubbles. On our traditional visits, the visitor can take a closer look at the cava making process, and get practical advice about buying, keeping and drinking cava.
THE VISIT INCLUDES:
- An audiovisual history of Freixenet (10 minutes)
- Guided tour of the 1922 cellars
- Visit to the cellars dating from the 70s and 90s by miniature train (actually not available)
- A tasting of two cavas (Alcohol free sparking for children)
In our tasting hall you will have the opportunity to buy additional glasses of any one of the range by Freixenet. Here we also offer a selection of charcuterie, cheeses and other local products. - Shop ‘Dolores Ferrer by Freixenet’.
LENGTH OF VISIT: approximately 1 hour 30 minutes
LANGUAGES: English, Catalan, Spanish, French.
OPENING HOURS: From Monday to Sunday. Previous booking always required.
Joan Sala, 2
Sant Sadurní d'Anoia
938 917 096
1 - 80
- Booking in advance is required to confirm availability, day, time, number of people and language of the tour.
- From Monday to Sunday.
- Special rates for groups, retired, large families, menors. Please ask!