Located in an old distillery built in 1814, the current CIC Fassina Cava Interpretation Centre provides the perfect starting point for new and returning guests of Sant Sadurní d'Anoia. The Centre has a mix of high-tech and traditional resources to provide guests with an introduction to the world of Cava, the origins of this sparkling wine, its history, its production process and grape varieties, with easy access to fun and digital information tools. Do you know why Sant Sadurní d'Anoia is the Capital of Cava? Come and learn it!
The Cava Interpretation Centre also has a Tourist information Office with insider information to help you to plan your visit to town including lodging, restaurants, wine tasting and routes.
- Guided tour
- Tactile screens operated by the Centre staff to discover the history, the architectural heritage and the influence of cava in the town
- 3D projection on the cava and the town of Sant Sadurní
- The "Phylloxera Festival Room" where you will see the big puppets that take part in the festival and a projection
- A large format audivisual on the world of cava watched in the old cellar
- A cava tasting paired with a snack made in Sant Sadurní d'Anoia
Visit with the necessary security requirements against COVID-19
How does it work?
Keep at least 2 metres away from other people
Capacity of 10 people per visit. Members of the same household are allowed to walk together
Please follow the arrows indicating one-way routes
Please follow directions given by CIC Fassina staff
Disinfectant hand gel available at various points
Wear protective masks
Single-use 3D glasses
Left-luggage service temporarily out of service
If you need to go to the bathroom, ask the Centre staff
Carrer Hospital, 23
Sant Sadurní d'Anoia
34 938 913 188
Tuesday to Friday: Visits at 10.30am, 12.30pm and 4.15pm. Saturdays, at 10.30am, 12.30pm and 5.15pm. Sundays, at 10.30am and 12.30pm. Please make your reservation in advance to ensure availability.